Preparing for your Video Tour
- Turn on all the lights. Check for missing light bulbs and replace any that are not working or missing.
- Remove or hide personal items from bathrooms – wash cloths, razors, mouthwash, tooth brushes, etc.
- Make the beds – bed covers or blankets are a must, year-round.
- Remove clutter from kitchen – clear the counter tops. Remove magazines from the living room and remove the magnets and artwork from the refrigerator.
- Mow the lawn, stash the hoses, sweep the stones and mulch back into the garden.
- Remove pets – If a cat walks across the camera view someone with an allergy will not be making an offer. Yes, it has happened.
- Clean up the garage – hang up tools or store them away. Cover or mask oil spills.
- Don’t park the car in the drive way if you can avoid it. Move it down the block or out of the picture.
- Add welcoming touches like table settings, center pieces and throw pillows.
- MAKE SURE THE VIDEOGRAPHER IS AWARE OF ALL YOUR BEST PROPERTY FEATURES IN ADVANCE.
For rentals with TV, leave the TV on with the sound muted.